Incorporating Technology with Padlet

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hello Literacy Land Friends and Followers!  I'm Deniece from This Little Piggy Reads.  Today I'm going to share a website with you, Padlet.  There are a few reasons that I love Padlet.  First, it's incredibly user friendly for both me and my students.  Second, it's quick!  I mean super quick to set up a "pad".  Third, it is incredibly versatile and would work for a variety of grade levels and most subject areas.  Finally, it works on any device - phone, Mac, Google, tablet, etc...

For the first part of my post, I am going to explain the functions of Padlet with a video!  You can click the picture below to watch the video, or click HERE.

Now, I'm going to discuss all the uses of Padlet in a classroom.  There aren't many websites/apps that are applicable for PK - High School, but Padlet is!  In an Early Elementary Classroom, you might use it in place of a Bubble Map.  In an Upper Elementary Classroom it could be used as an exit ticket.  In a Middle School or High School Classroom, a teacher could easily use it for a novel study, literature circles or a socratic seminar.

  

If you are looking for ways to integrate technology into your classroom instruction, give Padlet a try!
  

Leave me a comment with your favorite way to integrate technology into your lessons!



No comments